Monday, April 24, 2006

Bukittinggi



Most of my seniors said, it is nice to have a duty in Bukittinggi. I realize it after almost a week staying here. During this time, I've done one debridement, seen and involved an operation of External fixation of open fracture in cruris, appendectomy, Laparatomy, Thorax tube-WSD and venous cutdown...Something I rarely do in Padang or just being as an assistant. It is just like this, in Padang you are taught and in Bukittinggi you are practiced it. The big question, why I don't feel any fear to do it? Maybe because I am alone, No seniors beside me, that makes me becoming independent?
This little bird is trying to fly high...and higher.
I hope Allah always protect me in my path. Ameen.
Something that makes me discomfort is my loneliness. There are not any of your friends, talking and laughing your foolness...when I think of it, I miss Padang. I don't feel any homesick..(an otaku like me always need comics/manga/anime. I 've bought many of them, so I always feel at home everywhere, if there are tons of comics there)...but something is lost. My friends in Padang.
I hope this loneliness doesn't affect my duty in Bukittinggi. I think I have to come back to Padang every week and visit the emergency building, seeing my friends..hehe.
I miss spongebob squarepants too..hehe. No Global TV here.
Let's talk about another topics.
My friend zora will go to Aceh to have a PTT.
I talk to Yos, that Oma (zora's nickname) is following him, because she is not letting her grandson (Yos) to be alone in Aceh..hehe.
Many of my friends go to Aceh to have PTT (like Yos used to do). Because the total times of PTT in Aceh is shorter than any places in Indonesia. The Regular PTT takes time 2-3 years, nut in Aceh it is just for 6 months! So many people are interested in going to Aceh.
It is different with me. I continue my education (General Surgery) not longer after my graduation (less than a year), but some of my friends delay their education and working in clinics or hospitals. Then when they want to continue their education, the centre they go need a requirement, like PTT, because they have graduated more than 2 years. That's why many people choose go to Aceh to have PTT, so they can comeback and continue the education sooner. That's what zora wants to do. But I think it depends to the centres they want to go. Andalas University is not strict about this.
Ooops..my time is over. Okay, I have to get back to hospital.
See ya next time..

*Appendectomy = popular in Indonesia as operasi usus buntu. Usus buntu's latin name is Appendix vermiformis

No comments: