Thursday, April 20, 2006

A gift

Hi there!
I am in Bukittinggi now. It has been three days.
The first experience I got two days ago was when I wanted starting an operation and washed my hands, I got a "Hibiscrub" shot to my left eye! ( I think it's not a pure hibiscrub, but a mixed between hibiscrub and savlon). I felt pain, itchy and hard to open my eyes. Then my consultant talked to me that I had to check my eye to an opthalmologist. The result of the 'Slit lamp' examination is...my eye is okay, especially is my cornea. He gave me 'xytrol', a corticosteroid agent+antibiotics. It was a gift for me..hehe..
I don't know how to describe my feeling right now. Wow, I am alone, without any guard from my seniors (It's not 100% true..). Actually I still can consult via mobile-phone. It's a little bit strange, but until this time still I can handle any kinds of patiets' problems in the ward.
I hope everything is okay for these 2 months..
Last April 17th was my brother's birthday.
I just want to say "Happy Birthday"..
See ya in the next post.

* Hibiscrub = anti bacterial+anti fungus, a liquid soap-like for washing hand before an operation
*Slit lamp = a lamp used for opthalmologic examination. You can examine any aspect of eye, like conjunctive, cornea, fundus etc

No comments: