Monday, April 10, 2006

One Last Breath

Tomorrow I will leave Padang for Bukittinggi. I have to prepare myself, but I have many works tonight. Right now I'm listening to Creed's One Last Breath. One of my favorite songs. The others are Breakthrough (Queen), Bring me to Life (Evanessence), Marriage of Figaro (Mozart), Yesterday (a remix of PAS Band), Scar Tissue (RHCP), Sweet Child O'Mine (GN'R), One (Metallica), Coming Closer (L'arc en Ciel). I think there are some to be forgotten, but next time I'll tell about them.
The baby I told you in my previous post were died in the morning. He was very sweet. He was also the nephew of my friend, a resident of Internal Medicine. I was sorry for her.
My intussuseption baby was getting better but it was no longer. Since we have experience in treating him, so my chief of my duty team told us to stay at home and wait for a calling, if his condition is getting worst.
Abut my duty day in saturday night, I made NEW RECORD!
We stayed and had surgery treatments for 46 hours! I have slept about 3 hours. There were so many patients and I even forgot how many of them. Let me count...hmm since I am still sleepy
right now, I can't count them...hehe
When I finished my operation 5 o'clock in the morning, i got call from NICU. My patient is 38 degree Celcius!So I went to NICU and try to reduce his therm. I slept at 5.30am, wake up at 6.30am and sleep again and an earthquake wake me up at 10am. Thank God it was just once.
The biggest fear of an earthquake for us (Padang people) is Tsunami. We are affraid if we get like the Acehnese. I still remember when we experienced so many eartquakes last year (I feel the ground is like a small ship on the sea for almost 2-3 weeks), people always ran to my hospital. So I always feel safe in my hospital, especially the emergency room building. That's why I never feel very worried if there is an earthquake when I am in the emergency building.
Hey, 11.15 pm, okay Jini, stop writing and finish your work.
Bye!
This one last breath for this post.
EEEHHH..

No comments: