Saturday, April 15, 2006

Time to leave

I've just come home.
My seniors, YZ,MD and FU,MD are surgeons now. Both of them pass the final exam. it's time for both of them leaving. we'll miss both of them..
I've told da yev to borrow me his books after his exam...hehe..
Hmm..next tuesday i'll leave padang for bukittinggi. The section exchanged is delayed for a week since we have new section in Muara Labuh hospital. last week i was worried about bukittinggi, can i do it alone? In padang my position is Jaga 1 (First Person) or the first line, accepting patients in emergency. i have 3 junior (2 classes) below me, but four seniors above me. They are, Jaga 2 (2nd person), Jaga 3 (3rd person), Chief Jaga (chief of the duty team) and Chief resident (they represent as our consultant), also there are consultants (our lecturers) who get their own duty day,one consultant, change everyday. In every centre in Indonesia the system of Surgery education is the same, resembling to military system. If we get patient, the most junior report it to the senior that directly above him. like me, i'll report the patient to jaga 2.Below me there are 2 junior who are jaga ikutan (followers) and a jaga 1. But i've already become jaga 1, before he came to Andalas, so if there's a patient he'll report to me .
The decision maker of our team is our chief jaga. But if he hesitates, he'll consult to chief resident. If chief resident hesitates, he'll consult to consultant. But, since we have duty day every 4 days, and i have stayed here more than a year, so i can predict about 90% the final decision (pre operative)
Something that i am worried about is my capability in operation. Though my seniors always said to me, how can you feel affraid, you can do the laparatomy (open the abdominal cavity)..
One of the higher technique of operation is opening the abdominal cavity (laparatomy) and closing it, layer per layer. Other like relating (anastomosing) bowel. Of course i can do a simple laparatomy, but anastomosing bowel well, i haven't any experience. then my seniors said, you have consultant above you directly, so never feel affraid about it..they will do for you
I feel like this one right now, i am a little bird, my mother has taught me to fly, actually i can fly but since this my first time to do it without mom beside me, so i am worried about falling to the ground..it's safe if there is an existence of your seniors (my seniors are my mom).. hehe..
Right now i am not worried about it anymore, it is just about time to leave, standing alone with your own power.
i have news from aceh. My good friend yos (actually his name is syamsul rizal, so from where is yos coming from???) is the staff of department of surgery of Syiah kuala/ Zainoel Abidin Hospital..it was a shocking news for me, but i am happy..finally.. (akhirnya lo masuk bedah juga..hehe..). So there are 5 future surgeons of class of 96's Andalas Medical School, my friend rizki rahmadian in Orthopaedics of hasan sadikin hospital Bandung (he's also new staff of andalas medical school, i hope he will be in our surgery department), Roni Eka Sahputra in orthopaedics of RSCM jakarta, Me and Ari Oktavenra of M.Djamil hospital Padang and Yos in Aceh. four of my friends are married to residents of surgery...
Because of this fact, outsiders always say like this to my class....in 96ers, if you can't be the surgeon, you can be with the surgeon..hehe..
Hey this the day of soccer's training but i write this post. Will my headmaster be angry to me?Osshhh..i'll come to karate's session tomorrow!*

OSH!
P.S.: my friend yos told me to put photos....i'll try. To say you frankly i just have one photo of my face..others are photos of the patients from operation..hehe..
* my headmaster is our karate sensei (teacher)

No comments: