Monday, April 03, 2006

Rumours

I've just come home. The operation took times shorter than I was predicted before. Tomorrow will be the last day for my COC (Chief of the Chief) and the other chief resident, YZ,MD and FU,MD to have Hospital's duty (Hmm, formally is still their job). They are going to face a national examination, the profession's examination. Will be held on this April 2006. If they pass the test, both of them will be called as surgeons. May Allah Makes their path easier. Amin.
And also.......rumours! Our emergency duty day will be every 3 days! God!
Let me explain our schedule. Everyday, from 7-14.00, is the legal working hours.If we have an emergency duty day, it means from 7 o'clock today to 7 o'clock the day after today, every single patient that status as surgery's patient who comes to emergency IS YOUR DUTY. Duty means you do the patient from pre-operative to post operative. Of course, you also do the operation in Central Operation theatre that is scheduled a day before or go to Surgery's Clinics. So that's why, if i have a duty day, I'll spend my times for almost 2 days in hospital, with less sleep. Sometimes just 30 minutes. I always come home with just one idea, MY BED I MISS YOU!Hehe..
Outside this legal schedule, we have karate's session, every wednesday (7-9 PM) and every sunday (7-9AM), Badminton every tuesday and friday from 10 PM-end (usually 1 AM), and soccer every saturday from 4-6.30 PM. I just follow the karate (if i have the duty day, i miss this session). When i was in the 1st semester, i used to play badminton. But since i have to come home very late, my seniors told me to go home earlier for the sake of safety in road(they were very kind to me, maybe bcoz i'm the first woman resident..or just bcoz i'm woman?). When i was in Orthopeadics, i didn't have much time, so i never came for badminton. Soccer? My headmasters told me is very good if i can play soccer. He dreams of having a woman in our soccer team. I'm so sorry that running is my weaknesses...
the most juniors (first semester) are having duty day for every 2 days. i was counted my times when i was 1st semester, it is the same with worker, who work 7 days in a week, per day is 17-18 hours working. Can you imagine how busy were i at that time? And it was also added with the session (at that time karate was not existed yet). Very busy and tired...my bed is my heaven.
So if this rumours is right, what's the idea coming to your head about our life. Living with surgery is a very busy life..Surgeons said surgery is the 1st, family is the 2nd. (It is very mean, isn't it?)
But still, i love this work so muuuccchhh....

No comments: