Saturday, May 20, 2006

Long Week End 2nd Part

Last week, there was no operation at Saturday, though I waited for it for the whole day. The day after it, I talk to the nurses, that I can't go to Padang since my Consultant asks me to stay here for the week end, but I really want to go for a while. I feel crazy just stay in the hospital for 24 hours in a day. Then the nurses said to me, why don't you go a while. If there's a patient, we will call you. Of course this is not the first time I went outside the hospital. Sometimes I left it for the internet cafe, market..but this time I want to go a little bit far, outside bukittinggi !(For the sake of keeping my promise to rizki my friend, asking his senior go around) So it's kind of gambling. If there's a call I have to go back wherever my position is. I asked MJ, MD if he can go or not ("Have you gone to Pagaruyung palace? Wanna go?"). Then he said, I have no operation. So I made a plan that my times is just 5 hours to go to Batusangkar and to get back to Bukittinggi. This target came from my senior SY, MD's experience that he was taken the resident Orthopaedics of Padjadjaran University to Batusangkar previously and spent times for 5 hours.
This was a gambling and we want to try it.
Firstly I drove slowly, because I almost forgot the way to go it. I was affraid of taking the wrong way. So our journey to Batusangkar took times for 1,5 hours driving. Then we arrived at the Pagaruyung palace and took some photos there. Then we went to "Batu angkek-angkek" (The Lifting Stone) that famous for this believe, If you can lift the heavy stone smoothly, your wish will come true..And MJ, MD was tried it and..fail!Hehe..
Then on our way of coming back home, MJ, MD got a phone call of the hospital. There were two patients of Closed fractures. MJ, MD gave the instructions through phone of kind of examination, initial treatment and of course promised to get back earlier.
I spent 30 minutes driving from Batusangkar to Padang Panjang, where we ate at the famous satay in it (Mak Syukur Satay, where SBY had also eaten there). Spent 15 minutes there and then drove to Bukittinggi and spent times for 15 minutes. So I spent totally 45 minutes of driving from Batusangkar to Bukittinggi.
Thank God, when we arrived, they have just finished the whole examinations like X-Rays and Blood examinations.
So the conclusion was..we won this gambling.
And those are some photos from Batusangkar.

Photos are :

1. Rangkiang (The house of keeping rice from the front side)

2. The Pagaruyung Palace from the Right Side

3. The situation inside the palace at 1st floor

4. The Lifting Stone

5. The Garden of Pagaruyung palace from the 2nd floor

6. The front side of Pagaruyung Palace with MJ ,MD stood in fron of it

No comments: