Saturday, May 06, 2006

Week end in Bukittinggi (So Sleepy)

I was spent my first week in Bukittinggi by getting sleep. I was very tired because had less sleep during a week and had an opertion at he saturday from morning to afternoon. Then I had to control my patient in the ICU. At the Sunday, The triage doctor was called me at 3.30 AM, because there was an emergency patient. The second week, again I was busy and at the weekend I came back to Padang. Again my sleeping quality was not good enough, because in Padang I slept at 1.30 AM. When I came back to Bukittinggi, I had to drink a cup of coffee because I felt a little bit sleepy. And at the third week I always sleep at 1.00 AM or 2.00 AM everyday. last Night I was slept at 3.30 AM. Very Tired!
That's why when my father called me if I came back to Padang or not, I was telling him that I would spent my week end in Bukittinggi that gave my mother an idea to visit me at the Sunday.
Next week I will not going back to Padang again, because my consultant was asking me to stay since he has to go to PekanBaru at the weekend.
One thing that I miss is..GRAMEDIA!!
(I have to buy some mangas..hehe)
Talking about sleepy feeling, I remember to my first month in Surgery department. In the first month my duty day is everyday for 24 hours. I slept only 3-4 hours in a day. Sometimes 2 hours or not at all. The longest sleep I had at the time was 6 hours. It was on Sunday morning and I hadn't any patients. Of course I was very busy, because I was the most junior. The time I started to get sleep not because I felt sleepy (I felt it all of the time) but because I couldn't hear or focus my eyes to an object. In my spare times (if there weren't any patients and no duty from my seniors), I used it to get sleeping. Usually I slept on the table with my head on the book. Because I was very tired and sleepy, this kind of sleeping is a joy thing for me at that time. And at the second month until the sixth month, my duty day is every two days. I felt my life was a little bit normal...hehe..But still we felt sleepy because at the duty day you work all the day and the chance of sleeping before you had your duty day again is only in a day.
In Padang the duty day now is every three days for the second semester above (the member of a team). The most junior's duty day is every 2 days (And they aren't counted as a team member). And a team means you have to do the patients until they are placed in the ward. So the duty day will be prolonged sometimes until 2 days. You can imagine how luxurious is sleeping for us.. That's why, if we feel sleepy, sometimes we sleep about 10-15 minutes and since we are very tired, this less sleep gives us a very good feeling of freshness. I felt the same too. If I was very tired and waiting my patient for his coming back for taking the medicines or before starting an operation, I used it for a little bit sleeping. And usually it was worked! I felt some freshness after taking a nap..

* I'd like to apologize my Colleagues for being the models. These photos have no any bad tendencies. Only to show the public how luxurious is sleeping for the residents of surgery. I myself also the person who does the same thing too.. If there's any objection, I'll delete this publication.

No comments: