Saturday, May 13, 2006

Long Week End

Again, I spend my week end in Bukittinggi.
This time I get a special request from one of my consultant to stay in Bukittinggi because He has to go to Pekanbaru. Friday and Saturday, also for this Sunday is his consultation day.
This led my father and my mother to visit me in Bukittinggi today.
Actually yesterday I was having a plan with my orthopaedics' colleague, MJ, MD to visit The Pagaruyung Palace in Batusangkar, but there is also another reason that makes me staying in hospital. There is a patient that has to be observed before an operation. So I have to be ready for an operation for along the day.
Yesterday I was talking many things with MJ, MD (who also has the same hobby with me, visiting the internet cafe. Maybe he has a chatting with his wife that lives in Solo right now). We were talking about our surgery's life. The life of The resident in Bandung, in Padang, the cases we have gotten during the education also about the daily life of the resident of surgery. We came to the same conclusion that our life is different than others. Less sleeping, working and spending time for the patients, or in short, we have no special or regular time like other workers. We work for 24 hours... I think our life is a miracle, he said. I talked to my friends from different field of job and they said, how could you live like in that way? But, this is our life, no matter how hard it is, the important thing is you are enjoying it.
When I was in my senior clerkship, I asked the Resident of Surgery, ID, MD (Now he is our Chief of The Chief) about the Surgery. He said, you have to be ready to leave your family. When I wanted to undertake this education, I said to my wife, from this time you have to struggle alone, because I'll be busy with the education. And I also talked to big family that I'll be busy that maybe makes me rarely contacts with the big family. Then, he continued, one day my son was getting sick, I was really busy, then I talked to my wife, took him to the doctor..
I saw and live with the surgery's life right now. I know that my senior words' years ago is not as true as he talked. His relationship with his wife, his sons are still close enough.
Again, this is our life.
The bitter thing about surgery is : " Surgery is number one and the family is the second"
Many doctors will think twice before seriously choosing Surgery.
There are also other doctors that have not regular schedule like Obstetrician and Gynecologist and the Anesthetian.
You maybe think what's the reason I always talk about my life.
I just other people outside there know, never give up to the hardest thing you have in your life. Life is about struggling the game that God has created before. Each person is different to each other and that is why we have to contact to each other. If this is the soccer game, you have your own position in the field...
And this is where I have to stay. In this long week end I stay in a place called as the hospital. Spending my valuable breath for the duty day..

*My mother was just called me that she has arrived in Bukittinggi. So, I have to finish this and comeback to the hospital... See ya!

No comments: