Saturday, May 20, 2006

Night Walking

This week there are new Co-assistants or the students who have their senior clerkship in Surgery department. My consultants said that my task is giving them a tutorial. So during this week (They came at Wednesday completely), every night I try to teach them about the basic surgery, especially about the trauma's science itself. Basically I teach them the ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support), what should they do if they get a trauma patient. Also how to treat the patient, in emergency room or in the ward...
Last night, after having a night walking with MJ, MD and DV, MD, I was slept at 3 AM and wake up at 6 AM this morning. Then at the afternoon I have an operation until 6 PM. I checked my patient in the ward at 7.00 PM and gave them a teaching about surgery again at 8.00 PM until 10.00 PM. And my eyes still feel hard... to close! One of my bad habit is sometimes I feel imsonia. So I took them to walk along the Chinese town, The Big Clock (or Jam Gadang), drink "Skoteng" together and play internet..And..until this 12.15 AM I still feel unsleepy (though actually I never had any rest for today from 6 PM). I think the main cause of this problem is I haven't any patient for today in Emergency Room (that usually I always busy with the patients)
Hmm, I think I have to come back to the hospital. I am maybe "strong", but those co-assistants need sleep..hehe..

* Photo above is Jam Gadang (Big Clock) at the night
* This is the situation of the emergency room when it was empty..

No comments: